Monday 19 September 2011

My website is up and running!

As part of my attempt to see where my writing will take me, I have this blog, twitter, and a website. I chose to use a pseudo name for my creative writing website for two reasons:
1. to separate my writing from my self
2. Also because I promised my self that when I chose to write publicly, I would take on the name my mother wanted to give me as my pen name. I believe it is a great pen name.

So my writing website is www.nevadadean.weebly.com
It contains creative pieces, stream of conscience, and reflective works. In order to keep those writing juices flowing this site will serve as my muse. I will go to her daily to write something. It may be a combination of copying things written in the past and writing on the fly.

My ideal life would be to teach in schools because youth are inspirational and motivational and to write for a career and pleasure.

I am going through my writings and finding many little pieces and snippets that will serve as starting points for larger works. I am still in the discovery stage, however, so do not know what I will write first.
This has been a wonderful experience so far and I don't know why I waited so long to start.

If you are seeking ways to learn if you have what it takes to be a writer, I highly recommend you do the same. Start a blog, put tidbits on twitter and facebook and launch a website.

Weebly is great because it is FREE, simple drag and drop, easy to set up, update and maintain. Each time you publish there are options to post on twittter and Facebook that you have added to your site!! You can also put is documents, images, video, so if you want to read your works, you can publish that as well. In the settings you can set your site up so that you get maximum hits on google. You can also get involved in Google Adsense and possibly gain some income from advertising. You can also put on a +1 button that increases your popularity, thus bringing your site closer to the top of google searches, when viewers click it to show they like your site!! I have looked at wix and other free website hosting but Weebly is the best.

I also started a forum on my site and posed a question which I hope people respond to. I will post periodically on the forum in hopes of getting a healthy discussion going.

Please share how you got started writing and creating a buzz for your self. What worked and what didn't? How would you do it differently knowing what you do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful to each other. Solicitation is prohibited. Any comments that are repeated and/or entered for the sole purpose of selling will be considered spam and deleted.